My wife says I should volunteer, but I can’t speak! Who would hire me? I could volunteer to join a group of people, ….but I still can’t imagine what I would do.
Would you hire me? Would you have me volunteer to grow you sales organization? I am guessing no. If you don’t have enough funds to invest in you sales team (and the most profitable group in your company), I am guessing you don’t need a volunteer , who can’t speak…. lead you sales team.
Let’s look at some alternatives
- If I retire now (with all the speeches being cancelled), I could be an expert in the Corona Virus. People love experts in this!
- Maybe I could walk your dog? I could charge so much per minute. Of course I can’t clean up (only one arm) so I can just walk dogs who won’t relieve themselves. This cuts my dog walking by a slight percent (like 100%!)
- I could play pickle ball. This is something I still want to do, but how often could I play?
- People have said I could watch their kids. I get tired of kids after 5 minutes. If they have that timeframe, I am good to go.
- I could wait 2 years to retire, and I could do stuff for senior citizens. This is the best idea I can think of! I could bring back purpose to my life and I could pick the people that I work with….since I am a volunteer.
Looking at my alternatives, the last one has some merit. My year is in flux, so this my be sooner than I plan. OK, now I am excited.
I can offer my speaking for another 2 years, and then be done. Off to the new adventure; I can’t wait…only 2 more years!